Whiplash signs and symptoms usually show within days of the injury, and it may include:
- Neck stiffness and pain,
- Worsening neck pain with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Headaches, most often starting at the base of the skull
- Tenderness or pain in the shoulder, upper back, or arms
- Tingling or numbness in the arms
Some people also have:
- Blurred vision
- Ringing in the ears (tinnitus)
- Sleep disturbances
- Difficulty concentrating
- Memory problems
When to see a doctor?
Neck pain such as whiplash should immediately be attended to. If you have any neck pain or other whiplash symptoms after a car accident, traumatic injury, or sports injury. It’s vital to get a prompt and accurate diagnosis and to rule out broken bones or other damage that can cause or worsen symptoms.
Whiplash often occurs when your head is forcefully and quickly thrown backward and forward. This movement can injure bones in the spine, disks between the bones, muscles, ligaments, nerves, and other tissues of the neck. And this may result from:
- Auto accidents: whiplash is majorly caused by rear-end collisions.
- Physical assault or abuse: whiplash can occur if you are punched or shaken.
- Sports: football tackles and other sports-related collisions can sometimes cause whiplash.
Charlotte’s residents suffering from neck pain can be helped by a good chiropractor. ChiroCarolina™ specializes in treating patients for chronic and acute pain, car accidents, and all kinds of injuries. When it comes to follow-up care, ChiroCarolina™ stands above other area clinics. Every solution is pain-free!
ChiroCarolina®, one of Charlotte’s premier chiropractic clinics, is known throughout the Southeast for providing the best chiropractic care in the residential, NoDa, and college areas, conveniently located on North Tryon Street. Trust ChiroCarolina® in Charlotte: visited by patients throughout the south: North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Virginia, and Texas.