Charlotte neck pain can affect all of the muscles, nerves, and vertebrae of the spine. It can also be a sign of damage to one or more of the cushioning disks in between the vertebrae. Neck pain can often radiate to other areas close to the neck such as the jaw, head, shoulders, and upper arms. Neck pain can be so severe that many experience a loss of motion in these areas.
Home care for neck pain
- For the most common causes of Charlotte neck pain, it is chiropractic doctors advise that you try to refrain from taking pain medications.
- A natural way to get pain relief is to apply ice to new injuries and heat to chronic neck pain.
- This means you should be applying ice during the first 48 – 72 hours after an injury.
- Use heat after that. Remember that the heat should be mild, just a few degrees above body temperature.
- Heat can be applied in the form of warm showers, compresses, or with a heating pad. Never apply heat and fall asleep.
- It also helps to perform low impact exercises that will gently stretch your neck muscles.
Neck pain relief from Charlotte’s top chiropractor
Many people who suffer with chronic inflammation and pain in their neck, believe that their condition is to be expected and tolerated. As some of the best chiropractors in Charlotte, the doctors at ChiroCarolina™ are trained to diagnose and treat illness and pain. They understand that each individual has unique underlying factors and causes that need to be addressed in order to ensure full recovery or optimal health. ChiroCarolina™ also provides neuromuscular stimulation and physiotherapy to aid in the elimination of chronic pain.
You can also expect treatments to include supplemental therapies such as massage therapy, physical therapy, nutritional counseling, and lifestyle coaching when applicable. It is time to improve your quality of life. Patients visit from all over North Carolina, South Carolina, and as far as Georgia, Florida, and Virginia. ChiroCarolina™ is one of Charlotte’s top chiropractic centers providing top chiropractic care for the uptown, NoDa, and University area- located conveniently off North Tryon Street.