Back pain after golf
Almost everyone who plays regularly has experienced some sort of Charlotte low back pain from golf. Although the golf course is one of the more idyllic places to be, and that the game is thoroughly enjoyable, it is also a game in which your back is subject to extreme rotation and a lot of stress. Even if you are a casual golfer, playing eighteen holes plus practice and warm up swings for every stroke, you can easily put your spine through hundreds of repetitions of high speed range of motion on the golf course. This is the reason why so many individuals experience back pain from golf.
Stay loose and limber
- If you feel you are in reasonable condition to play golf, it is crucial that you keep your supporting muscles loose and limber as you play.
- Golfing in a group can be a start and stop affair while waiting for other members to take their shots.
- If at all possible, walking the course is an ideal way to keep your muscles in your legs and your back warm and active.
- If you ride in a cart for 18 holes, it can present plenty of opportunities for your body to stiffen up.
- It is highly advised that you stretch all your major muscles before you start, and after you are done playing.
- Make it a habit, or a ritual that before you stop at the nineteenth hole, that you spend around 5 minutes stretching. This will help your body to cool down, and will save you some pain later.
Chiropractic treatment for back pain in Charlotte, NC
If you do find yourself in pain after a round of golf, it is advisable that you see one of the chiropractic doctors at ChiroCarolina. Patients from all over North Carolina, South Carolina, and from as far as Georgia, Florida and Virginia trust and depend upon their natural, holistic, care. Their staff and doctors will work hard to provide the best possible information and treatments to help you get back to a normal and pain free lifestyle. If you are injured and you want the quality chiropractic care that patients have received for so many years; call their office and schedule an appointment today. ChiroCarolina is one of Charlotte’s top chiropractic centers; providing top chiropractic care for the uptown, NoDa, and University area- located conveniently off North Tryon Street.