The holiday season presents so many different ways for people to be injured. The usual suspects would be everything from winter slips and falls, to ski accidents. However, every holiday seasons, a significant number of people end up being injured just dressing up for a holiday party or family gathering. One thing we love about the winter season is that the clothes are much more stylish and formal. For some reason, stylish clothing also seems to be a bit more restrictive and bulky. We seem to wake up with neck or low back pain during the winter season. Somehow, we always attribute the pain to a change in weather and not the change in clothing. We want to offer you some tips to help you avoid or reduce your chance of injuring yourself when you are getting “dressed to kill” this holiday season.
Watch your back
- You can also cause misalignment of the spine when you utilize heavy backpacks, briefcases, or hand bags.
- Backpacks should never weigh more than 10 percent of body weight. Be sure to monitor your backpacks for unnecessary items and remove them as often as possible.
- Handbags and briefcases should have a broad shoulder strap and should be crossed over the body to evenly distribute its weight.
- Remember that carrying a bag or back pack on one shoulder places uneven stress on the spine,
- When carrying a heavy hand bag or briefcase, be sure to change hands often.
The best Charlotte chiropractic treatment if injured
Do not guess about the condition of your body and your health. The doctors at ChiroCarolina are experts at the diagnosis and treatment of numerous health problems. The doctors at ChiroCarolina utilize several treatment modalities that can have you and your family enjoying optimal health, whether it is gentle spinal adjustments, dietary counseling, massage therapy, or lifestyle coaching. It is time to improve your quality of life. Patients visit from all over North Carolina, South Carolina, and from as far as Georgia, Florida and Virginia. Find some answers for your fibromyalgia at ChiroCarolina, one of Charlotte’s top chiropractic centers providing quality chiropractic care for the uptown, NoDa, and University area- located conveniently off North Tryon Street.