Charlotte NC chiropractors know that sleeping positions are a common reason that people suffer with back pain. Sleep is just as essential for survival as eating and drinking. Every living being has to get rest through sleep. For most of us, our body needs 6-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep every day. Most neck Poor sleeping habits and an improper sleeping position is a sure ticket for neck pain and back pain. This also means that you should be sleeping on the right type of bed, and using a supportive pillow.
Sleeping on your side
- Sleeping on your side is an excellent sleeping position.
- This will also allow you to maintain the natural curvature of the spine, while at the same tile, keeping the spine elongated.
- Surveys have revealed that most people prefer sleeping on your side to every other position.
- In fact, it has been documented that at least 60 percent of us start out falling asleep in this position.
- If you sleep on your side, it is important to keep your knees slightly bent and to place a pillow between your legs.
- The use of a pillow helps to reduce stress on your hips. In addition, if you have been experiencing shoulder pain, it is best to avoid sleeping on the side with the painful shoulder.
- Keep your arms in front of you, and not under your head or under your pillow.
- This will only cause you to experience numbness and tingling from cutting off circulation, or irritating nerves in your hands.
- Ask your Charlotte NC Chiropractor to recommend a proper pillow for you, in order to avoid developing pain in the neck and shoulders.
Care You Can Count On from Charlotte NC Chiropractor
The doctors at ChiroCarolina™ are experts at the diagnosis and treatment of adults and for children of all ages. Patients visit from all over North Carolina, South Carolina, and from as far as Georgia, Florida and Virginia. ChiroCarolina provides numerous treatment modalities to aid in their healing and optimal health. Chiropractic care should be an integral part of you and your family’s life. Do not hesitate to drop in or to call ChiroCarolina™, one of Charlotte’s top chiropractic centers providing top chiropractic care for the uptown, NoDa, and University area, located conveniently off North Tryon Street.